1. Write an essay or interesting facts about Salvador Dali and Picasso
Facts about Salvador Dali
1. He started painting as a young child
Dalí’s earliest known painting was produced in 1910 when he was just 6 years old.
2. He was as expelled from art school (twice)
Proving that he was a rebel from the start, Dalí was expelled from art school– not once, but twice. Young Dalí’s artistic talent was fostered from a young age, particularly by his mother, who passed away when he was just 16 years old.
3. He collaborated with Disney
In 1946, Salvador Dalí and Disney designer John Hench worked on an animated film together called Destino. Dalí created 22 oil paintings and countless drawings that Hench then turned into film storyboards. However, just 8 months in, the work stopped due to financial reasons.
4. He designed the ,,Chupa Chups,, logo
Dalí had no issue participating in commercial work. He designed ads for Gap and even appeared in a commercial for Lanvin chocolates in 1968. In fact, André Breton, the father of Surrealism, gave him the nickname ,,Avida Dollars,, or ,,eager for dollars,,. But one of his most enduring contributions to graphic design is the Chupa Chups logo. Dalí designed the logo for the Spanish lollipop brand in 1969, and it is still used today.
Here’s that film
5. He liked throwing dinner parties
Dalí and his wife Gala loved staging elaborate dinner parties. But, in true Dalí fashion, these weren’t ordinary dinners. Guests were asked to arrive dressed in costume to match the evening’s theme and wild animals would roam free around the room.
Facts about Picasso
1. Picasso’s full name has 23 words
Picasso was baptized Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso. He was named after various saints and relatives. The ,,Picasso,, is actually from his mother, Maria Picasso y Lopez. His father is named Jose Ruiz Blasco.
2. Did Picasso steal the Mona Lisa?
Actually no, but in 1911, when the famous painting Mona Lisa of Leonardo da Vinci was stolen from the Louvre, the police took in Picasso’s friend, the poet Guillaume Apollinaire. Apollinaire fingered Picasso as a suspect, so the police hauled him in for questioning. Both were later released.
3. Picasso was a poet and a playwright
After ending his first marriage in 1935, Picasso dabbled in poetry and later wrote two surrealist plays. Between 1935 and 1959 Picasso wrote over 300 poems that were mostly untitled except for an occasional date and location of where it was written. It was rumoured that Picasso predicted he‘d be known more for his poetry than his paintings.
4. Apparently, Picasso would tend to carry around a pistol that he loaded with blanks. He would use it to fire at people that he thought were boring, or anyone who insulted Cézanne, who was a French artist and impressionist.
5. While Germany was occupying Paris in World War ll, Picasso’s paintings were banned by the Nazis because they thought they didn’t follow the rules of art.
2. Write most common phrases in English, translate them and learn by heart
Good morning!– բարի լույս
Good night!- բարի գիշեր
I love you- ես սիրում եմ քեզ
Bon Appetite!– բարի ախորժակ
Bless you!- առողջություն
3. Listen to this video, put the link in your blog and answer the questions from the video